What should you do when your Kennewick home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your loved ones – against the many risks you could encounter, like theft, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Kennewick home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be jarring, disorienting, and may incite panic. Your best option is to stay calm and abide by these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Kennewick Triggers
It’s a scenario no resident wants to encounter, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. Now what should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency yourself and let your monitoring professionals and first responders carry out their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your priority should be your family members and getting them out of danger. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean moving to a predetermined secure area as far from entry points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm already deterred the intruder, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you ought to leave your home without delay.
- Grab your smartphone. Nowadays, most people carry their phones constantly with them, but you could fail to pick it up during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Kennewick goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will act immediately. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The guideline they follow is dependent on the type of emergency. For instance, if a medical emergency occurs, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are deployed. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring professional will adhere to these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you via the central command panel. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is made to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there is still no answer, local police are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Support will still be deployed even when you're not able to verify the emergency.
Get prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Kennewick
Be prepared for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Kennewick from Vivint. Contact (509) 794-3375 to start designing your property’s security today.