What to do to cut down on false alarms in Kennewick
False alarms are a legitimate problem for home security systems. Not only can they decrease the trust you have in your installation, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Thankfully, you may do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Kennewick home security system.
First, ensure that everything is installed correctly. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that basic miscues trigger false alarms. Next, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, you should try to integrate the many features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Kennewick.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Many false alarms in Kennewick can be avoided
When figuring out any problem, the first thing to do is read the manual. Make sure all devices are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each device to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your scheduling to ensure that your home’s security isn’t arming at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart components are incorporated in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your system.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Kennewick home. They'll be pleased to send out a tech to check your setup.
Investigate your entry points
When your system appears to be installed properly, the ensuing course of action is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are all your doors and widows closed tightly, or are any mistakenly cracked? If an access point remains unlatched, it could activate an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your family constantly forgets to shut a door, you might want to install a smart locking system that secures automatically when your home security is engaged. Regrettably, windows require extra physical effort, mainly if you have someone who likes to rest with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to turn off that alarm while protecting the rest of the property.
Home automation can be an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in Kennewick
One of the most effective methods to lessen the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your alarm system. With your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlocking doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to deactivate whenever your smart front door lock is activated with the correct PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the property, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive mobile updates when your components detect uncommon activity or require a new battery.
- Link your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Kennewick with a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of control over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, reach out to (509) 794-3375 or send in the form below.