Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Kennewick smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full charge of your Kennewick home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and explore tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Kennewick do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to components with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote access and control via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or saved footage from any connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Kennewick by setting schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Kennewick
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the information to deliver an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Kennewick home security system. Contact (509) 794-3375 to learn more.